Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trend Alert: Rihanna (01)


So anyone who knows me knows I LOVE RIHANNA! From her music to her personality to the things she wears = awesome. Before I get into something currently trending, I definitely must give the biggest shout out to Mariel Haenn! She is a very well known fashion stylist/ costume designer who works with tons of celebrities, one being Rihanna (so yes, without her lovely fashion touches, some if not all of Rihanna's outfits would never have existed).

Let's get back into it. Recently Rihanna was seen in Sydney, Australia on a lunch outing at Beppi's (if I'm not mistaken, she's there for her tour/ Nivea campaign deal) wearing this lovely outfit above. A pastel colored blue knitted/crocheted crop top, high waisted khaki trousers, minimal jewelry (gold watch and hoop earrings, gold anklet chain), and nude spike Christian Louboutin's.

Everything about this look is trending for the spring/summer and I am definitely guilty of loving every bit of it. Pastels and blush colors are so in, as well as the nude flesh tones that we've been seeing for the past couple of seasons. High waist trousers, harem pants, bubble shorts, et cetra are also very much in. Her mid drift top is interesting. The material, without a doubt has some weight to it, but because of the awesome no sleeve half top twist it makes it wearable for spring (and probably for summer). This material was very popular for winter with oversize sweaters. Sheer materials and very light fabrics like polyester and chiffon are everywhere. I used to despise chiffon anything because they reminded me of church dressed I wore when I was younger. Always itchy and they rode lol, but I'm giving it another shot. The nude pumps out are just stunning, they make any outfit look chic with a rebellious twist. What I love most about this outfit is that it is very figure flattering without having to be skin tight. So you get comfort and cute all in one lol. I'm not sure if she's wearing a man's watch but I've been noticing that for a couple seasons as well. Traditional, simple, big face watches. . . very pretty. Five stars Rihanna, good job.

No comments: